“Discover the Power of Choice”
We help people recover from addictive behaviour and lead meaningful and satisfying lives. Our approach is secular and science based; using motivational, behavioural and cognitive methods. We run a network of self help meetings and also partner with care professionals.
- * Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- * Provides meetings that are educational, supportive and focussed on open discussions.
- * Supports the use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments where appropriate.
- * Can be used to tackle any form of addictive behaviour, including drugs and alcohol, gambling
- * Evolves as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves.
How to recognise an official UK SMART Recovery Meeting
All UK SMART Recovery meetings are run by trained facilitators who have completed the training course and received a certificate.
Facilitators register their meeting with UK SMART Recovery and these are normally publicised on our MEETINGS page.
Online meetings are also provided by trained facilitators, these are advertised on the COMMUNITY page in the ‘Welcome to SMART online’ thread.
If a meeting is not advertised on the UK SMART Recovery MEETINGS list or COMMUNITY page, it maybe that it is a closed meeting (which occur at some Partnership sites) and therefore only open to clients. It may also be that the meeting has not yet been registered with us, if you are attending an open meeting which does not appear on our Meetings list, please ask the Facilitator to register the meeting with us.
UK SMART Recovery cannot accept liability for meetings that are being run by anyone who has not completed the official UKSR training and in receipt of a SMART Recovery Facilitator certificate.
This information is given to ensure people seeking recovery are able to make an informed choice about which meetings to attend