Become a Volunteer Regional Co-ordinator
Are you an experienced Peer Facilitator committed wholeheartedly to SMART Recovery principles and values?
Would you like a wider role in helping to build and support your local SMART Recovery Community?
Do you have what it takes to support new or inexperienced facilitators in your area?
Can you commit 6 hours a week to this role?
If the answer is yes then please read on…..
Due to considerable expansion across the UK over the last 12 months there is now an urgent need for greater co-ordination at a regional level. We are therefore recruiting Volunteer Regional Co-ordinators to help support our National Co-ordinators.
If selected as a VRC your role will include: –
- Providing regular opportunities for Meeting Facilitators to meet each other, providing mutual encouragement and sharing of good practice, with specific attention to advice on staying safe in meetings for participants and fidelity to the SMART Recovery meeting programme.
- Visiting SMART Recovery meetings in your designated area as appropriate.
- Offering one to one support to Meeting Facilitators as appropriate, particularly in the early stages of their facilitation.
- Acting as a link between the staff team, Meeting Facilitators and meeting participants, ensuring information is shared both ways
Visit the role description here for further details
In return you can expect: –
- Regular support and guidance (by phone, face to face or electronic meetings) with the National Coordinator or other staff member as appropriate.
- To be respected and treated as a valued member of the organisation.
- To claim any travel or refreshment expenses for activities agreed beforehand with the National Coordinator.
- Attend training as appropriate to the role and agreed in advance.
See details on how to apply here